WHEREAS, The New York Institute for Special Education (NYISE) board of trustees seeks to establish a policy on effectiveness assessment to help ensure that the organization has defined, measurable goals in place and objectives in place to evaluate the success and impact of its programs in fulfilling these goals and objectives,
WHEREAS, this board policy is called for in Standard 6 of the BBB Standards for Charity Accountability that were issued by the Wise Giving Alliance in 2003,
IT IS THEREFORE RESOLVED THAT the board of trustees adopts the following policy:
1. At least once every two years, The New York Institute for Special Education will review its goals and objectives toward achieving its mission and will complete a performance and effectiveness assessment of its programs based on that review.
2. This first such assessment will be in 2009 and will be conducted under the authority of the executive committee of the Board.
3. The NYISE Board will receive a written report of this assessment.
- Describing the activities that NYISE undertook in the prior two years to achieve its goals and objectives
- Identifying the measures used to assess NYISE’s effectiveness in achieving its goals and objectives,
- Analyzing the effectiveness of NYISE’s programs in achieving the School’s goals and objectives,
- Recommending future actions NYISE might take to increase effectiveness based on the findings.
4. At the conclusion of this process, the Board will revise the goals and objectives for NYISE, as needed, for the upcoming term and will suggest means of measuring them.