The New York Institute For Special Education

Skip to main content
· Serving Students with Special Needs since 1831 ·

Photo Album

Helen Siefert was one of the first deaf-blind students to come to the Institute when we open a Deaf-Blind Program. The program no longer exists and the building now used for the museum and business/personnel offices. Below are several articles including one from the New York Herald Tribune from March 9, 1938 about the opening of the program. Also there are 3 articles from newspapers in Nebraska, Louisiana and Wisconson.