The New York Institute for Special Education (the “Institute”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Institute prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Policy applies to all Institute activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge.
The New York Institute for Special Education has employment opportunities in the following positions:
Security Officer/Front Desk Clerk - Monday to Friday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Security Officer - Night Shift - 10:00 pm to 6:00 am (days to be determined)
Security Officer - Part Time - Saturday and Sunday 6:00 am to 2:00 pm
Must be willing to work overtime in other shifts.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent, Active NYS Security License, Able to speak, read and write English
Accounts Payable Specialist
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for verification and payment of all invoices.
- Codes such items as invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct code conforming it to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy of accounts charged on purchase orders and checks the balances remaining in these accounts for reasonableness.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase order to incoming invoice with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Processes check requests.
- Interacts with the Facilities Director on construction projects invoices related to the campus.
- Interacts with the Facilities Receiving Clerk for accuracy of deliveries related to invoices.
- Reconciles and pays on a monthly basis NYISE’s credit card from JPMorgan Chase current Bank.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase order to incoming invoices with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Process check requests.
- Responsible for maintaining monthly spreadsheets of the following: Con Edison expenditures, leases, campus copy machines billings, and the usage of a Home Depot credit card.
- Prepares a monthly listing of Vendors’ expenditures for Board presentation.
- Respond to external auditor’s inquiries.
- Back-up duties for distribution of various Accounting Specialist duties.
- Ability to positively interact with employees and vendors.
Qualifications:3-4 years accounts payable or general accounting experience. High school graduate. College desirable, skilled in WORD, EXCEL and strong knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
Please submit cover letter indicating which position you are interested in and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 2, 2017.