The New York Institute For Special Education

Skip to main content
· Serving Students with Special Needs since 1831 ·

Photo Album

The original name of the school was The New York Institution for the Blind. This is the first of 3 names the school has had. These photos show the school's original 9th Avenue site. At one point the school owned the entire block from 9th Avenue to 8th Avenue from 34th Street to 33rd Street.