Deaf-Blind & Hearing Disability Resources
- Able australia is one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit organisations, delivering high quality, person-centred services to people living with multiple disabilities, including deafblindness and in community support services.
- African Organizations For Deafblind People.
- Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Established in 1858, AIDB operates four accredited instructional programs
and an award winning manufacturing complex in Talladega, Alabama and a statewide
network of regional centers. The site now includes a forum page for people
who are blind, tours of Alabama School for the Blind, links to student-created
websites, and will soon include access to the Alabama Instructional Resource
Center for the Blind and the Subregional Library for the Blind and Physically
- A-Z to Deafblindness by
- Australian DeafBlind Council
- Better Hearing Institute
- Canadian Deaf-Blind and Rubella Association
- California Deaf-Blind Services serves individuals who have
hearing and vision problems,
with or without additional disabilities.
- Charge Syndrome is a recognizable (genetic) pattern of birth defects which occurs in about one in every 9-10,000 births worldwide. It is an extremely complex syndrome, involving extensive medical and physical difficulties that differ from child to child.
- College and Career Programs for
Deaf Students, 11th Edition
The guide contains a comprehensive listing of more than 100 programs in
the US available to deaf and hard of hearing students. It can be used by
parents, teachers, counselors, and students when planning a post-secondary
- College Guide for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students: An in-depth look at a student's transition into college, A guide to college accommodations & assistive technology, Key strategies, resources, scholarships & more for deaf and hard of hearing students
- College Support for Students with Disabilities
at the Center for Online Education
Access of the South
- Deafblind International (DbI) was founded over 30 years ago and is the world association promoting services for deafblind people.
DbI brings together professionals, researchers, families, deafblind people and administrators to raise awareness of deafblindness. Central to our work is to support the development of services to enable a good quality of life for deafblind children and adults of all ages.
- Deafblind New Zealand
- Deafblind Resources - The goal of DeafblindResources.com is to provide information and strategies to parents, Intervenors, para-professionals or anyone who is part of a teamsupporting individuals who are deafblind.
- DB-LINK: The National Information
Clearinghouse on Children Who Are Deaf-Blind
- Deaf Education
Database (Scottish Sensory Centre) - An information service for deaf
people of all ages and those who support them.
- Deaf Resource Library
- European Deafblind Union (EDBU) is European association that joins together European deafblind people's organisations. It was founded in 2003.It is an international non-governmental and non-profit-making organisation.
The basic aim and function of the EDBU is to work for equality and full participation in society by deafblind people in all European countries.
Upcoming Event: 6th EBU Deafblind Conference and 2nd EDBU General Assembly at Zagreb, Croatia from 25 to 30 April 2008.
- Florida and Virgin Islands (FAVI)
The FAVI Deaf-Blind Collaborative serves the entire state of Florida providing training and consultation services to the families and educational teams of Florida’s children and young adults (ages 0-22) with concurrent hearing loss and vision loss.
- Gallaudet University: the only
accredited four-year liberal arts university for deaf and hard of hearing
- Guide for Online Colleges & Disabilities
Keller Story at the National Women's Hall of Fame
- Information About Deafblindness
- The Lexington School for the Deaf:
The Lexington School for the Deaf/Center for the Deaf has served the broader
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community of the New York metropolitan area since
1864. Since its founding as a school, Lexington has evolved to offer vital
services in a range of important areas.
- The National Center on Deaf-Blind As a national technical assistance center funded by the federal Department of Education, NCDB works to improve the quality of life for children who are deaf-blind and their families
- The National Family Association for Deaf-Blind
(NFADB) is a non-profit, volunteer-based family association. Our philosophy
is that individuals who are deaf-blind are valued members of society and
are entitled to the same opportunities and choices as other members of the
community. NFADB is the largest national network of families focusing on
issues surrounding deaf blindness.
- National Information Clearinghouse
on Children who are Deaf- Blind is an information & referral service
that identifies, coordinates, & disseminates (at no cost) information related
to children & youth who are deaf-blind (ages 0 through 21 years).
- The National Technical Assistance
Consortium for Children & Young Adults Who Are Deaf-Blind (NTAC) provides
technical assistance to families & agencies serving children & young adults
who are deaf-blind (ages birth through 21 years).
- National Technical Institute for
the Deaf: A College of Rochester Institute of Technology
- Organizations for Deafblind
People Throughout the World
deafblind project offers a variety of training, technical assistance,
and resources to assist educators in assessment, instruction, and progress
monitoring of students who are deafblind.
- Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind
- Sense, The National Deafblind and Rubella
Association, the world's largest organisation working with and campaigning
for deafblind people, their families and professionals who work with them.
- Sign Language For Everyone A Basic Course In Communication With The Deaf
- Sign Language with People who are Deaf-Blind:
Suggestions for Tactile and Visual Modifications.
- Sign Language with People
who are Deaf-Blind
- South Dakota School
for the Deaf
- U.S.A. Organizations For Deafblind
- Usher Syndrome
Top of Listing