Description and History
Organizations and Advocacy
Software and Educatonal Materials
Books and Aids at Amazon.com
- Braille Textbook Transcriber - Northwest Vista College and its partners have pioneered a new college
curriculum in America .
- Braille with Pokadot
Pokadot is a six-key direct keyboard input braille transcription program
for sighted braille transcribers that has been approved by the National
- Certification as a Braille
Transcriber or Proofreader
Aids- Braille Bookstore.
- BRL: Braille Through Remote Learning is a complete novice-to-expert braille education course of study on the
Web offered by a grant project.
- Dancing Dots serves blind musicians
and their educators through technology and training.
- Duxbury Braille Translator grade
2 braille translation and editing software with versions for DOS, Windows
and Macintosh systems.(Duxbury
- IBraille: Braille Editor for MacIntosh computers
- NFB Braille
- literacy, transcription, unified braille code, NFBTRANS
- Optical Braille
Recognition: software that reads Braille and other softwares: Sighted.com
- SNOW (Special Needs Opportunity Windows) offers professional development for teachers through a number of free
online workshops and courses, each moderated by professionals in the fields
of special education, academic and adaptive technologies, and distance
- Tack-Tiles Braille Systems are interchangeble with standard international toy building blocks. They
provide a unique bridge, a smoother, shorter,more interesting path to
Guidelines for the Production of Braille Materials Through the Use of Braille Production Software
A Position Statement of the Braille Authority of North America Adopted May 2007 (PDF)
- Braille Transcription Training
Producers World Wide
- A2i Transcription Services - Braille,
Large Print, Tape and Disk
Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Braille Plus Transcription
Their motto is: "Every Format. Every Day. And, Everything Right!"
Braille Plus, Inc.
P.O. Box 3686
Salem, Oregon 97302
Phone: (503) 391-5335
Fax: (503) 391-9359
- Braille Jymico: production
of graphics using raised contours and the first Canadian enterprise to
produce musical texts in braille.
- Braille Transcription
- Clovernook's Braille Printing House is recognized as one of the largest volume producers of Braille in North America. The Printing House annually produces more than 40 million pages.
- Midwestern Braille Volunteers Organization
Web Site, St. Louis, MO
- QUIK-SCRYBE transcribes documents,
personal letters, menus, flyers, brochures, textbooks, manuals into braille.