- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB),
a U.S. nonprofit organization enabling blind or visually impaired people
to achieve equality and access. Provides information and referrals about
living with visual impairment. Helen Keller devoted over 40 years of her
life to AFB.
- Apple Accessibility Support- Vision
- Blind Links Wiki
- Blind Net: useful and factal information
about blindness, links to organizations OF the Blind and those organizations
FOR the Blind.
- Blindness Statistics
- Blindskills, Inc. A place where
you can find answers and solutions, publishers of Dialogue Magazine.
- Braille Challenge at the Braille Institute is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate barriers to a fulfilling life caused by blindness and severe sight loss.
- Bronx Independent Living Services
Bronx Independent Living Services (BILS) is a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to empat ower all people with disabilities to understand and exercise their civil and human rights in order to live fully integrated lives in mainstream society. BILS assists individuals by providing them the necessary tools to make informed decisions about their own lives through access to education, skills development, and access to the appropriate resources.
Bronx Independent Living Services, Inc.
4419 Third Avenue, Suite 2C
Bronx, NY 10457
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped Eligibility Requirements for CBVH - New York State Office of Children & Family Services
- Computer Center for Visually Impaired People - Baruch College
The mission of the CCVIP is to increase the freedom, independence, and productivity of people who are blind or visually impaired through the power of digital technology. We accomplish this through training, applied research, product testing and development, and community awareness initiatives.
Computer Center for Visually Impaired People
Baruch College, CUNY
151 East 25th Street, room 648
NY, N.Y. 10010
Phone: (646) 312-1420 Fax: (646) 312-1421
Email: Karen Gourgey, Ed.D, Director
- Cornucopia Of Disability Information Low Vision and Blindness Links
Video Service: Making television and movies more accessible to people
who are blind or have low vision!
- Education Services For The Blind at blind.net
- GUIDE DOG INFORMATION
- History of Reading Codes Moon, New York Point, Braille and more